Submit an Article
The Independent Publishing Magazine (TIPM) is a small and resourceful operation. We are open to external submission of articles and interviews by authors, publishers/publishing service providers and writers who can clearly demonstrate understanding of issues concerning the publishing industry. Before submitting, please ensure you have familiarised yourself with the content on TIPM to determine if your article is suitable for the site.
- Articles should be no less than 1,200 words, and not exceed 3,000 words.
- Article must be on a topic suitable for TIPM.
- Article must demonstrate a convincing understanding of the topic.
- Article must have detail and substance and fall within our minimum word guideline.
- Article demonstrates passion and is written with a personal voice.
We cover a great deal, from expanded news stories, opinion pieces, author profiles, author service reviews and industry analysis. In all cases, we try to be objective and fair, yet firm in editorial style. We are also happy to receive press releases from media outlets and public relations representatives, but we cannot guarantee magazine space in full or part. Every submission will be appraised on suitability, value and context. Should your article be accepted, we will provide space for appropriate links and author biographies.
All articles and press releases should be submitted via email, with “Submission” in the subject line. Please also include a few short sentences of your intended article/feature submission.