While catching up with the publishing news today after being away for a few days, I came across two separate articles about two very different kinds of author solutions services. From the perspective of an author wanting to self-publish, this is very much a case of horses of a different colour. Michael N. Marcus examines what is really behind the services of Xlibris Publishing, while Henry Baum takes a nutshell examination of what kind of services are offered by Pedernales Publishing.
- Has the POD Publishing Bubble Burst? (mickrooney.blogspot.com)
- Abbott Press (Writer’s Digest) – Reviewed (mickrooney.blogspot.com)
- Self-Publishing ~ Potential and Perils (nfaa.wordpress.com)
- Book Country – Old Country For New Authors? (mickrooney.blogspot.com)
- SELF-PUBLISHING INDEX – May 2011 (mickrooney.blogspot.com)
- Bowker Publishing Stats for 2010 (mattwilkens.com)
- The Independent Publishing Magazine | The King is Dead – Long Live The King (mickrooney.blogspot.com)