Joanna Penn of The Creative Penn interviews book designer, author and blogger Joel Friedlander. The interview coincides with the launch of Friedlander’s latest book, A Self-Publisher’s Companion. In the interview, Joel Friedlander talks about where self-publishing is right now; he gives an overview of self-publishing for the newcomer; talks about his love of print books and the need for all authors and publishers to embrace digitalization; the common mistakes authors new to self-publishing make; marketing a book and treating self-publishing as a small business; the psychology of a self-publisher; POD (print on demand) publishing; and what a self-published author should outsource.
- How do you publish a book without agents (wiki.answers.com)
- My Interview at The Creative Penn: Book Marketing for Introverts (selfpubauthors.wordpress.com)
- Print on Demand Doesn’t Imply Forever (walt.lishost.org)
- Who’s the Designer? (flaauthor.wordpress.com)
- Making a Living Writing Fiction (selfpubauthors.wordpress.com)
- What The Fuck Are We Supposed To Do With Judah Friedlander? [Crowdsourcing] (deadspin.com)