O'Reilly Media have long proved they know how to do digital publishing conferences. Next week's O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference from February 22nd to 24th will be no exception. It takes place at the Marriott Marquis Time Square in New York City.
"The O'Reilly TOC Conference will decipher the tools of change in this industry and help cut through the hype for a more profitable future in publishing. From authoring, editing, and layout to distribution and consumption, new technologies are changing all aspects of publishing. But which technologies are important? Which provide exciting business opportunities? And what are the strategic questions you need to consider in adopting new models?"
Andrew Savikas is the Vice President of Digital Initiatives at O'Reilly Media, and is the Program Chair for O'Reilly's Tools of Change for Publishing conference and this week he is beginning a preview of next week's New York conference.
Some of the outlined highlights are as follows:
- How Academics and Students Use Ebooks: Evidence from the JISC National Ebooks Observatory Project
- Test Driving the Digital Reading Experience
- Essentials of Digital Books from the Consumer's Point of View
- Form & Function: The Future of Reading Digital
- Changing the Way Medical Students Learn: Four Stories from Europe
- Understanding the Ebook Consumer: The Results of the BISG Consumer Survey
According to the O'Reilly Media site, there is still some very limited availability to attend the conference. You can also keep abreast of things next week by regularly visiting the conference site here.