It seems CreateSpace have decided to go down the same avenue of marketing their services as Lulu. Although CreateSpace offered many individual services to authors - their focus has shifted to the familiar self-publisher packages. While CreateSpace say the packages offer significant savings to authors when compared to their individual prices for each service - they are on the higher expense end when you compare them to their competitors. For example, their 'Total Design Freedom Essentials' has the following at $1658.
Total Design Freedom Essentials Includes
- Basic Copyediting (1 Round)** – Let a professional editor review your manuscript and provide suggested corrections for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and consistency.
- Unique Book Cover – Collaborate with our design team to create an eye-catching cover with a single image, plus cover text, fonts, and your author photo.
- Custom Interior – We'll incorporate your ideas on typography, text layout, decorative accents and chapter style into a professional, custom-designed book interior.
- ISBN assignment (if you don't have your own) and barcode placement.
- Online distribution through sales channels you select, including Amazon.com and your own eStore.
A basic copy edit for the average book of 60 - 80 k words should hit the $500 - $600 tops mark, so that is a lot of bucks for what remains on offer, custom cover and interior and ISBN, and online distribution.
You can check out the full details of the packages here.